WSDL which requires mapping to an element syntax, i.e:
<part name="EchoHeader" element="tns:requestBean"/>
Does not properly serialize. It appears Lucee follows some sort of default serializer instead. Structs get sent as structs (nsi:map type, with item/key/value wrappers), and Beans get sent as beans.
ACF properly sends the data - based on ACF's implementation it looks like it runs WSDL2JAVA which creates all the beans, with appropriate serializers, and then it uses those to send the data. Lucee appears to map its own types. (in this case, improperly) So it's not an issue with Axis 1 per se, so much as Lucee's use of the library.
Test case, with a minimalist WSDL, and XMLValidate calls available at:
See index.cfm in tests/tickets/LDEV0933/ for a graphical representation:
No PR generated - because it would entail merging a failing testcase into Lucee proper
Reproducable using the SmaterStats API when using the QueryExecute comand to get the results back
In Case it helps debug or as a work around for others. I used this manual soap request to get my data.
I've added test case for this ticket & confirmed the issue happened on latest version of lucee 18.104.22.168 also. If we call the web service call with login credentials lucee throw error like "; nested exception is: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in a4gq19penrjhe.DomainInfoResult - Result". But ACF working fine. In lucee, If we call via HTTP with the SOAP request it's working fine.
Pull request: https://github.com/lucee/Lucee/pull/400
Looks to be working as expected now in my test case (Lucee 22.214.171.124). Many thanks to everybody who worked on this. THANK YOU