Logging to a datasource

Description

I have a Datasource with root access to a MySQL database. The Web context is configured to output the remoteclient log to my datasource, specifying a table that doesn’t yet exist in the database. I have restarted Lucee. When an email is sent, a line is written to the text log file and no new table is created in my log database.

Environment

Windows 8 and Windows 2019
Java 1.8.0_231

Activity

Show:
Pothys - MitrahSoft
November 27, 2019, 1:34 PM

, I've checked this ticket as per you said with both affected version and latest version 5.3.5.45-SNAPSHOT. It working as expected in my local. I didn't restart the lucee. It worked with as normal, the table also created successfully in my DB. Could you please check again with this? and report here back. Because it'll improve the status of the ticket.

Simon Goldschmidt
November 27, 2019, 9:02 PM

Hi I have attached Datasource and Logging configuration. When my application sends an email, it logs to the text file and no database table “lucee1” is created. Are there any other steps I can take or any logs that might contain clues as to the issue? I created a new database with a new datasource, tried a different table name, changed the MySQL extension from 8.0.15 to 5.1.20 and always got the same result. Thanks.. Simon

 

Simon Goldschmidt
December 1, 2019, 11:25 PM

In some further testing, I set up every log to output to the datasource. The log table has been created and populated with a number of "application" records, but "exception", "requesttimeout" and "remoteclient" logs continue to output only to the text files.

Pothys - MitrahSoft
December 2, 2019, 1:41 PM

,
I found the issue. Sorry, initially, I've checked with JDK 1.8.0_211. In this version, I can't able to see any issues, it works as expected to me. So, I've changed the java version to 1.8.0_221, 1.8.0_231. now I could see the exact issues. Yes, if we set logging to the data source, it is written to a log file instead of written to the table. And no new table is created. So, confirmed the issue happened on the above JDK version.

Assignee

Michael Offner

Reporter

Simon Goldschmidt

Priority

Major

Labels

None

Fix versions

None

Affects versions

Configure