The Administrator.updateDatasource() has some minor bugs, even in v5.3.
The code to parse the "custom" keys is wrong and does not match the code in the administrator.
When trying to create an MSSQL database, it appears the API needs to add the custom key "databaseName". For some reason this gets added in the UI, but not via the API (although I don't see where in the code it's being added.
This is what my patch looks like based on the v5.3 of the Administrator.cfc:
CentOS 7/Apache 2.4
, I've checked this ticket with lucee latest version 22.214.171.124-SNAPSHOT also. Yes, there is no databasename in the connection string while creating a Datasource via API for MSSQL. But check with UI, there is a databasename available. So I created a PR.
Pull Request: https://github.com/lucee/Lucee/pull/986
please give the build a try and report here.
, Yes, I've checked it and it works fine as expected.