Unnecessary file access / creation happens when onSessionEnd is used. Here's how to replicate:
- Download clean 4.5.2 express
- No "output" folder and no "onSessionEnd.out" file
- Edit application.cfc to include this.sessionmanagement=true
- Add in a onSessionEnd function which does nothing (output false / returntype void)
- Set session timeout to tiny value
- Refresh page
After a few seconds I have WEB-INF/lucee/output/onSessionEnd.out
This file is empty.
With every session that ends, the file remains empty, but the timestamp keeps ticking along.
Igal suggested it may have been left behind by a Lucee dev.
Behaviour confirmed on version 5 too.